Each episode of Syfy Channel’s Face Off is worth a semester-long class in film school. That’s how insightful the series is. Watch for yourself and see if you come up with different kernels of truth than I did. If so, let me know. Leave a comment for all to see. With Face Off, anyone interested in a career in Hollywood will gain valuable knowledge of how film people think. Plus, it’s entertaining to see creative minds at work. Here’s my take on episode 2.
- Stick with the theme or task you were given. It does no good to do fantastically at something you weren’t asked to do!
- Give your employer what they ask for—only better. Give them something unexpected. Push it over the top.
- Start with a solid concept.
- No one has time to hear you complain about medical issues or injuries.
- It’s good to help out a colleague. It’s no harm to you.
- Creativity is respected and appreciated!