The season finale was a nail biter. The worst part is I still don’t know who won and the audience gets to call in their votes! I’ll add to this post after tonight’s airing of the announcement after the voting. (Or add a separate blog post). All the characters created in this episode’s challenge held up through a grueling choreographed fight scene. Here are my lessons learned from Episode 11:
- When you’ve made it to the finale. Dig deep. Find whatever it takes to keep you going.
- It is VITAL to get what you see in your head out on paper! You must be able to communicate your vision to others.
- Don’t let the jealousy of others get to you! Let it go. Stay professional.
- Accidents will happen.
- In Hollywood and in life, you’ll encounter people who will try to thwart your success. I’m just saying, beware.
- When others knock you down, don’t count yourself out. Keep fighting for your dream!
- In this business you need to be daring and creative and challenge yourself.
- Comments from the judges included: “You created rich looking characters that look like they belong to the same world. They’re cohesive.” “Nice details, great silhouette for moviemaking.” And, “The pieces don’t match.”
- The remaining three special effects makeup artists are phenomenal creative talents. Face Off has allowed them exposure that most certainly will open doors for them in Hollywood. I wish each artist good luck and I thank them for an entertaining and inspiring season.